- How to get a visa for digital nomads in Spain?
- The periods for which the visa is granted and the terms of consideration of the application
- List of necessary documents for applying for a digital nomad visa
Do you want to live in Spain and work remotely in different countries of the world? Now, with the help of a digital nomad visa (Spanish Nomad digital), your dreams become reality.
So, let's figure out who is a Digital Nomad?
A digital nomad is a person who uses the Internet to do his job and/or to sell his knowledge and/or products. To begin with, let's clarify that we are talking not only about IT specialists, but about any work that can be done remotely: teaching, digital marketing, copywriting, accounting, etc.
Since January 2023, in order to attract international investment and develop digital entrepreneurship in the country, Spain has created a special visa product for remote employees, which is regulated by the "Startup Law". Now, a digital nomad can live and work in Spain for a long period of time.
How to get a visa for digital nomads in Spain?
Conditions that you must meet:
- Have of legal age.
- The process of obtaining a residence can begin both in the country of origin and in Spain. If the process begins in the country of origin, a visa is requested through the consulate. The validity period of the visa is 1 year. Upon arrival in Spain, an application for a residence for 3 years is submitted.
- The company in which you work remotely must exist for at least a year, and you must be listed in it for at least three months. The self-employed can also apply for a digital nomad visa. In this case, it is necessary to document your professional relationship with a foreign company / companies in which you have been working for at least 3 months, as well as to obtain permission to transfer to Spain.
- Have a specialized education and work experience in this speciality for at least three years.
- Your salary must be at least 2 minimum wages established by the current legislation of Spain, per applicant. As of today, this amount is 2,200 EUR. There is currently no clearly formulated requirement regarding the need to have a certain amount of savings. Laduchi Consult specialists monitor the emergence of new regulatory documents on this topic. It is expected that they will be formed before March 31, 2023. However, it is known that by Law it is possible to attach relatives to the visa: children, spouses, parents. Salary requirements, in this case, increase proportionally.
The periods for which the visa is granted and the terms of consideration of the application
As mentioned above, the timing of granting a digital nomad visa depends on the place of application. If the application is submitted from the country of origin, a visa to enter Spain will be issued for a period of 1 year. Later, you will be able to apply for a residence permit for a longer period. If you are applying for a digital nomad visa while in Spain as a tourist, you can expect to receive a three-year visa. It can be extended for another 2 years until the moment of obtaining a permanent residence permit.
List of necessary documents for applying for a digital nomad visa
- A valid passport with a stamp of entry to Spain or a declaration of entry to Spain.
- A diploma of higher education with a qualification corresponding to your work contract.
- An employment contract concluded for a period of at least 1 year, and confirming that you have been working in this company for at least 3 months. At the same time, the company itself must exist for at least 1 year. In the case of self-employed employees, the conditions are the same. That is, you need to provide contracts that regulate the relationship with your customers.
- A document confirming that the company has been operating for more than a year.
- The fee payment invoice is about 80 EURO.
- Certificate from the place of work indicating the position, salary, work experience.
- Certificate of no criminal record with apostille.
- Confirmation of regular income in the amount of €2,200 per month per applicant.
- Social security number or health insurance policy.
It is important that a digital nomad in Spain can be modified from any other category, for example, from a student visa.
Laduchi Consult specialists provide a full range of related services for obtaining a digital nomad visa: opening an account in a European bank, analysis and selection of the optimal type of taxation.
As you can see, this Law opens up new opportunities for obtaining a visa in Spain for many categories of qualified employees. The law is new and requires detailing and specification.
TELETRABAJADORES DE CARÁCTER INTERNACIONAL
LEY 28/2022, DE 21 DE DICIEMBRE, DE FOMENTO DEL ECOSISTEMA DE LAS EMPRESAS EMERGENTES.
LEY 35/2006, DE 28 DE NOVIEMBRE, DEL IMPUESTO SOBRE LA RENTA DE LAS PERSONAS FÍSICAS Y DE MODIFICACIÓN PARCIAL DE LAS LEYES DE LOS IMPUESTOS SOBRE SOCIEDADES, SOBRE LA RENTA DE NO RESIDENTES Y SOBRE EL PATRIMONIO.